MVA Reps Meet with Provincial Finance Minister
May 3, 2018
On Wednesday, May 2, representatives of Metro Vancouver Alliance (MVA) met with Finance Minister for the Province of British Columbia, the Honourable Carole James. The meeting took place at Vancouver Community College.
This was a follow-up to the issues that MVA had raised before the Provincial Election in 2017. The issues with specific "ASKS" by MVA involve the 4 areas of:
- affordable housing
- economic justice (disability issues)
- accessible public transit
- health care.
The Leaders from the MVA organizations had a healthy discussion with the Finance Minister about these issues and the Government's priorities. MVA will be follow up with the Finance Minister as the Government proposes the priorities for the 2019 Budget.
MVA is non-partisan political organization that works with all government bodies towards the common good.
The photo is of the Anglican MVA member organizations present at the meeting. Representing:
- St. Clement's North Vancouver
- The Urban Aboriginal Ministry
- St Thomas, Vancouver
- St. Laurence, Coquitlam
- St. Catherine's, Capilano
- The Eco-Justice Unit of the Anglican Diocese of New Westminster also representing the Diocese as a Sponsoring Organization of Metro Vancouver Alliance.
- The Honourable Carole James is in the middle wearing a red jacket.