Anglican Church Women Annual General Meeting
May 16, 2018
On a beautiful sunny day, May 5, 2018, the Anglican Church Women held their 51st Annual General Meeting at St. Mark's, Ocean Park. 77 members were in attendance as well as guests from St. Jude's Anglican Home, the Catholic Women's League, Mother's Union and the Vancouver Council of Women. It was a pleasure to have Bishop Melissa Skelton join us.
After coffee and fabulous goodies, the business meeting was held with the new executive for the coming year elected as:
- President Gail Revit
- Treasurer Mary McIntyre
- Secretary Alberta Rudolf
- Greater Vancouver/North Shore Sylvia Enga
- North East Fraser Margaret Strocel
- South West Fraser Paulette Smith
Members at Large:
- Ann Blue
- Beth Fortin
- Lesley Goodbrand
- Marjorie Henry
- Vera Morgan
- Genny Sveinson
- Ann Turner
- Past President Sheila Puls
- Chaplain Ven. Beverly Stewart
During the meeting a special Certificate of Recognition was given to Winnifred Cairns of St. Matthew's, Abbotsford for 80 years of service to the Anglican Church and Anglican Church Women.
The business meeting was followed by Holy Eucharist with Archbishop Melissa Skelton presiding with assistance from Rev. John Mash, of St. Mark's and Ven Beverly Stewart giving the homily.
A wonderful lunch prepared by the ladies of St. Mark's was salads, shepherd's pie, buns and for dessert a delicious cake with warm lemon sauce. Thanks to St. Mark's for an excellent meal.
The afternoon took on a different format this year with "Musings and Music", readings led by Sheila Puls and music by Lynn Turner ably accompanied by Cecelia Wong, organist from St. Mark's.
The afternoon finished with a large circle for The Grace.
- Archbishop Skelton with Winnifred Cairns Photo: Paulette Farquhar
- Member at Large, Lesley Goodbrand Photo: Archbishop Skelton
- President, Gail Revitt Photo: Archbishop Skelton
- Table Fun Photo: Archbishop Skelton
- The Reverend Alan Doerksen, vicar of St. Matthew, Abbotsford presents Winnie Cairns with a framed certificate at church on May 13 Photo Paulette Farquhar