Vancouver School of Theology
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Employment Status: Full-time, Permanent, 35 hours per week, full-time benefits
Works closely with: VST Principal, Development and Communications Officer, Administrative Assistant to the Principal, Finance department
The Development Assistant functions as a key member of the Advancement team which carries an important role for the public face of VST in promoting the strategic vision and direction of VST. The primary responsibility is to coordinate VST’s stewardship of its supporters and donor communities. This flows to all specific duties, such as the Raiser’s Edge database management, gift processing and reporting, grant and donor appeals and Advancement office support.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information on all constituent records in Raiser’s Edge
- Process all donations, tax receipts, and acknowledgement letters
- Track scholarship and award allocations and produce yearly reports for donors
- Maintain a “bring forward” file to ensure timely completion of stewardship reporting requirements of and for all donors
- Respond to general inquiries regarding constituent records and gifts
- Prepare mail and email lists as required for all departments
- Execute appeal mailings with mail house or in-house, depending on mail volumes
- Coordinate with program staff to support project/program funding applications
- Research foundations and other organizational funders to identify new funding sources
- Gather financial and program information and write, edit, assemble and submit grant reports and applications
- Maintain a “bring forward” file to ensure timely submission of grant applications
- Set up and maintain electronic and paper files for grants and funders
- Draft letters and email correspondence for the review and approval of the Director of Advancement and Principal
- Coordinate and process fundraising event registrations, and assist with events as required
- Compile, analyze and provide data for internal and external reports
- Maintain data configuration as established and determine methods for new tracking requirements, in concert with all other departmental needs
- Coordinate with program staff to centralize constituent data
- Administer security permission settings for access to development database by other staff
- Maintain records according to existing privacy legislation
- Perform data cleanup and from time to time supervise student employees doing data entry
- Understanding of stewardship, high level of integrity, able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Fundraising support experience in a non-profit organization environment
- Excellent knowledge of database management and Microsoft Office; recent experience with industry-specific software (Raiser’s Edge) an asset
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to work on several projects simultaneously
- Pro-active, a self-starter, able to take directionUnqualified support for the strategic vision and direction of VST (attached)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
To apply for this position, please forward a CV with cover letter to [email protected].
This position participates in the full-time benefits package offered by VST.
This position will be open until filled.
Available Files to Download
To download, right-click the file and select "Save link as".