Walk for Reconciliation - Reconciliation Canada
- Sunday, September 24, 2017
- 9:30AM - 3:00PM
- Queen Elizabeth Plaza - Strathcona Park
WALK WITH US Join the 2017 Walk for Reconciliation in Vancouver on September 24, 2017!
The Walk for Reconciliation is a positive movement to build better relationships among Indigenous peoples and all Canadians. This bold vision calls on everyone of all ages, all backgrounds, all cultures and all faiths to come together as communities and as individuals.
Now is the time to reflect deeply on who we aspire to be as a country in the next chapter of our journey together. How we build relationships today affects our next generations. This is an opportunity for people of all backgrounds to make a personal contribution to the reconciliation movement. The act of walking and sharing our stories joins us in a commitment to create a new way forward for reconciliation. Reconciliation builds resilient and sustainable communities by weaving together the unique and diverse strengths of people from all backgrounds.
This event, jointly hosted by Reconciliation Canada and the City of Vancouver is a Canada 150+ Signature event. In 2013, the Walk for Reconciliation, brought 70,000 people together for the first event of its kind. This year we hope to reach similar numbers and once again walk in the spirit of ‘Namwayut—we are all one.
Walk for Reconciliation:
Sunday, September 24th
9:30am - Marshalling at QE outdoor plaza
10:15am - Walk begins
Gather at Strathcona Park for a series of Indigenous and multi-cultural performances and a keynote speech.
Opens at 10:30am.
(A more detailed schedule is linked below)
A copy of the text above is available for downloading below, suitable for website posts, email messaging and pew bulletins.
A possible option for folks in the diocese is to attend the early liturgies at Christ Church Cathedral and St. James’ as an option for those who would like to worship and then participate in the Walk.
WORSHIP AT CHRIST CHURCH CATHEDRAL AND ST. JAMES’
Christ Church Cathedral
- 8am Holy Communion
- 9am Breakfast
- 10:30am abbreviated Eucharist to allow worshippers to attend the Reconciliation Expo’s Keynote Speeches and Main Performances in Strathcona Park.
St James’ will celebrate 24 September as Aboriginal Prayer Sunday
- 8:30am Low Mass the preacher will be National Indigenous Bishop, the Right Reverend Mark MacDonald
- 10:30am High Mass - Those unable to take part in the Walk may wish to visit the Reconciliation Expo in Strathcona Park after High Mass.
Please find linked below
- A shareable version of the the first three paragraphs of this posting
- A downloadable version of the poster in PDF
- Suggested Propers (prayers) for Sunday, September 24
- Details regarding registration for groups and volunteer opportunities
- Ecumenical Community Letter from Chief Robert Joseph
- September 24 Event Schedule
Available Files to Download
To download, right-click the file and select "Save link as".