The Stewardship Day - Tools for Transformation
Saturday, April 1, 2017
Important: This event has already occurred.
- 8:30AM - 3:00PM
- 1410 Nanton Avenue - Synod Office
The Stewardship Day: Tools for Transformation conference, to be held on Saturday April 1, 2017, will equip stewardship leaders to transform Anglican giving through an understanding of the theology of stewardship, learning actionable tools for growing generous and joyful giving, and developing leadership skills for both clergy and lay leaders.
It will feature three plenary speakers and associated workshops:
- The Ven. Michael Thompson, General Secretary of the Anglican Church of Canada, speaking about the theology of stewardship
- Peter Misiaszek, the Director of Development for the Diocese of Toronto, speaking about Tools for Action
- Bishop Melissa, speaking about Leadership Skills for Stewardship
Both Clergy and Lay Leaders are encouraged to attend Stewardship Day: Tools for Transformation on April 1. It will be held at the diocesan offices at 1410 Nanton Avenue, Vancouver, BC beginning at 9am Registration opens at 8:30am Lunch and comfort breaks will be provided. The conference will end at 3pm
Every person that attends the conference will receive a copy of the significantly revised “Stewardship Resources for Parish Leaders” book. This resource has been redesigned and divided into three sections: Theology of Stewardship; Tools for Transformation; and Leadership Skills for Stewardship. Each parish that attends will receive one copy of “Ask Thank Tell: Improving Stewardship Ministry in your Congregations” by Charles Lane. The registration is open for individuals and parish teams of 3 persons. You can register online now
- Peter Misiaszek
- The Venerable Michael Thompson
- Bishop Skelton presenting at the 2016 Stewardship Day.