Responding to God's Call - Vocations Day
- Saturday, October 20, 2018
- 10:00AM - 2:30PM
- Synod Office, 1410 Nanton, Avenue
Responding to God’s Call – a day of exploring vocations in the Church
For the past three years, we have hosted Vocations Day - a day of information and inspiration for those experiencing a call. 65 people have attended the event over the past three years, and of those, several have emerged as candidates for ordination. Responding to God’s Call is the new name for the event this year, and it will be just as informative and inspirational.
Responding to God’s Call will:
- Present stories of call from several clergy
- Explain the DNW process of discernment and the path to ordination
- Give a summary of formation requirements
- Tell about the spiritual, emotional and financial support available to enquirers
The event is co-hosted by Archdeacons John Stephens and Bruce Morris, together with a panel of priests and deacons who will facilitate and share their stories.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Please RSVP to Archdeacon Morris in order to facilitate planning and food requirements.
"Discovering Vocation does not mean scrambling toward some prize just beyond my reach but accepting the treasure of true self I already possess. Vocation does not come from a voice ‘out there’ calling me to be something I am not. It comes from a voice ‘in here’ calling me to be the person I was born to be, to fulfill the original selfhood given me at birth by God."
• Fr. Thomas Merton, OCSO (1915 – 1968) •