Metro Vancouver Refugee Response Team Meeting
Saturday, November 18, 2017
Important: This event has already occurred.
- MOSAIC OFFICE, 5575 Boundary Rd., Vancouver
- Overview of the Metro Vancouver Refugee Response Team
- Update Canada's Refugee Response
- Private Sponsorship Program: Brief Overview
- What to expect when you are Sponsoring Refugees
- Other ways to support Refugees
- Settlement Issues and Approaches: Best Practices in working with refugees
- Cultural Sensitivity in Working with Refugees
- Small Group discussions & Networking
To request a Networking event in your area please contact: Iris Challoner
Please find attached information on Provincial Language Service Pilot Project:
For the next year family doctors have access to telephone interpreting services at no cost to patients and families (see PDF attached below)
BC Alliance for Manufacturing
Refugee Training and Employment Program (see details attached, program has been expanded to various location in Metro Vancouver)
Industrial Sewing Training Program (see details attached below)
Pathways to Education
Tutors and Mentors needed in Surrey (details attached below)
GLOBAL REFUGEE SPONSORSHIP INITIATIVE
What is GRSI?
GRSI is a partnership of five organizations: the Government of Canada, UNHCR, the Open Society Foundations, the Radcliffe Foundation and the University of Ottawa.
GRSI aims to help other countries set up their own community sponsored refugee programs. The ultimate goal is to boost resettlement capacity worldwide. Through
this process it also strives to strengthen local communities and improve the international political narrative on refugees and other newcomers. (see PDF attached below)
Available Files to Download
To download, right-click the file and select "Save link as".