Journey of Christmas
- Friday, December 23, 2016 - 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 3:30PM - 9:00PM
- St. Mark, Ocean Park,
Important: This event has already occurred.
The woods behind St. Mark’s, Ocean Park will be ready to welcome visitors for this year’s “Journey of Christmas.” The nine theatres with mannequins, murals, theatre lighting, props and an audio soundtrack tell the Christmas story which is unique in the ways we experience it through December. For the past 17 years, visitors have been guided on a “journey” through the woods which will enhance your faith “journey” in the telling of the coming of Jesus, the Messiah. The tour takes about 22 minutes so dress for the weather. Once you have completed the “journey” you are welcome in the parish hall for cookies, hot chocolate and live entertainment.
Arts Showcase will feature:
- Thu. Dec. 15: The Beavers, Cubs & Scouts will entertain us
- Sat. Dec. 17: Gilbert & Sullivan Society singers
- Sun. Dec. 18: St. Cuthbert’s choirs Thu.
- Dec. 22: St. Mark’s choir with the Girl Guides
- Fri. Dec. 23: Chris Simmons & Debra daVaughn
- Please check for developing program informaion updates on the St. Mark’s websites.
As a bonus this year, St. Mark’s Ocean Park and the Journey of Christmas are presenting a reading of Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol” with local arts editor, story teller and big band leader Alex Browne.
“Journey of Christmas” open hours: Dec. 15-23 6-9 pm Dec. 24 3:30-9 pm.