Join KAIROS at the Kinder Morgan Hearings
August 16 - 18, 2016
Important: This event has already occurred.
- SFU MOrris J Wosk Centre for Dialogue, Room 100 (Asia Pacific Hall); SFU Segal Building, Rooms 1200-1500
Janette McIntosh of KAIROS Metro Vancouver has sent out a request to friends of the organization to join Kairos at the Kinder Morgan Hearings. The Eco-Justice Unit of the Diocese of New Westminster is passing on this invitation to Anglicans.
In her August 10 email Janette writes the following:
As one of your lead contacts for KAIROS in the Metro Vancouver area I am making a request. As usual, at a challenging time for people to gather in the height of summer holidays, the government's ministerial panel for hearing people's input re the Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain project is happening this week in Burnaby and next week in Vancouver and North Vancouver.
I have put in a request to speak on behalf of KAIROS Metro Vancouver. Not sure when yet, but I plan to go for the first session on the 16th.
Not a surprise....There is no special place for faith groups to have their voices and concerns heard. However, we can make space. You don't have to speak, even just to have presence would be good. Please wear a KAIROS pin if you have one. And, if you are clergy, wear your collar if you wish.
Specifically, for the Vancouver hearings next week, I would like to propose we have presence together and on rotational basis for as many sessions as we can as members of KAIROS: Canadian ecumenical justice initiatives representing eleven denominations and faith-based organizations. (I think we have seven here on this list plus plus!) Of course, you can proudly represent your group/denomination also, but being united as people of faith will be powerful - we are in the hope business after all!! Bring friends and colleagues if you can!!
Here is the schedule for the Vancouver Hearings:
August 16: Vancouver B.C., SFU Morris J Wosk Centre for Dialogue, Room 100 (Asia Pacific Hall)
- 10-11am: Socio-economic NGO roundtable
- 11:30am-12pm: Transportation roundtable
- 1:30-2:30pm: Economic roundtable 3-4:30pm: Local government roundtable
August 17: Vancouver B.C.
- 11am-12:30pm: NGO roundtable, SFU Morris J Wosk Centre for Dialogue, Room 100 (Asia Pacific Hall)
- 2:30-7:30pm: Public town hall, SFU Segal Building, Rooms 1200-1500
August 18: Vancouver B.C., SFU Morris J Wosk Centre for Dialogue, Room 100 (Asia Pacific Hall)
- 9:30-11:30am: First Nations roundtable
- 1-4:30pm: Environmental NGO roundtable